Tuesday, January 15, 2013

sweet deeds, anyone?

So my friend Tetay tagged me in one of her posts about paying it forward stuff. For some people, this concept would seem very heavy as it could mean things like adopting a school, sponsoring a less-fortunate kid's education, environmental pledges, orphanages/home for the aged visits, etc. (Well, I actually have some lined up for me this year..I'll probably post it as well and try to get some friends to join). While all of these are really ideal, we must not forget that a simple act of giving time to spend with a friend (in need or not) is also a form of paying it forward. Remember that when you spend time with someone, you're giving away a part of your life you'll never get back.

So setting aside the serious stuff, I committed to Tetay's Pay It Forward Program (haha)..but instead of limiting it to five friends, I'll pay it forward to 20.. :)


Friendship is always a sweet responsibility.


*****

I just wanted to post this screenshot of me during Facetime with thumBEYlina..thanks for the call last week..miss you! (ehem, tea set)



Cai and Baby B (B=Bugnutin -because that pink cuddly bear of mine looks grumpy) saying good morning to thumBEYlina!

*****

Work today is sooooooooo great! Lots of progress, commendations and recognition I got from bosses. Even got SB certs just for being diligent. So nice to be surrounded with people who are very appreciative of any efforts shown at work.

I used to have a mantra ("I love my job..i love my job..i love my job..") everytime i feel too stressed (or pissed) at work..but now, i say it because I mean it..i really love my job! Good times are coming around again. :)




Work's not that bad when you have........
(chocs courtesy of one of my big bosses, Gary)



:)

No comments: