Monday, January 21, 2013

..and it was all purple [Part 1]

Last weekend, my friends from my previous company got together for the first time in 2013. We rarely get together due to our uber-busy lives (and uber-fictional excuses). So when the first invite for 2013 was sent, it was a miracle that well, 90% RSVP'd with going. All of us were excited, well, maybe most, as some went M.I.A (hello, Robby).


from left: Bey, Val, Kles, Me, Niko and her bf Ian

We all agreed to meet at Mexicali at 11AM. As expected, most are late (yours truly is guilty) but it's better than not showing at all (hello, Robby). We only had appetizers at Mexicali as most were craving for real food (kanin, ulam, dessert), then decided to go to Mangan as venue #2.


our appetizers: my hot tea, cheese and garlic quesadillas, tacos, mexicali salad


After the preliminary food consumption, we headed to our 2nd venue but decided to have a detour to the department store to leave Bey's baggage and to accompany her in buying a shirt.



Bey's section..peace, thumBEYlina!


We were all hungry after "hours"of finding the perfect shirt so we headed off to Mangan. Little did I know, this is going to be the start of my purple-torture day. But I didn't let it ruin my appetite for food! haha! (yeah, like something could ruin that). So we ordered the best of Mangan: inihaw fiesta, sinigang na babi, pinakbet (despite Bey's begging not to order any veggies as she had a lot of 'em in Baguio) and thank God, no puto bumbong!

photo courtesy of Nikola Rio
(emphasis on my purple top, purple phone case, and the purple table)



to be continued...


:)

No comments: