Wednesday, August 29, 2007

dear friends

This past week, I have been feeling a bit confused again..a new romance is ready to bloom in my life however, it appears that it is not that easy as it seems..

Mine is not a case of unreciprocated love or anything that concerns about the feelings I have for my guy..it is about the support I’m expecting from my two closest friends..Mackie and Jobert..

It’s been quite a while I haven’t had a boyfriend (four years to be exact) and my friends Mackie and Jobert were always there to help me move on..what’s ironic is that now that I seem to have found someone, they’re hesitant about accepting the fact that I’m going to have a boyfriend sooner than they think..like a father unwilling to give away his daughter on her wedding day..that’s exactly what they’re showing lately..

I still can’t seem to understand why they’re acting that way..Terrenz is one of our mountaineering buddies (Mackie, Jobert and myself are members of the same mountaineering club) and has been a good friend since college days..they’re actually "tropa" and they know him well..i know him well too..

When they found out that Terrenz is courting me, they started to be a bit negative about him..telling me stories about his bad side..there’s nothing wrong with that..i actually find it helpful because I could get to know more about him..but then, it’s beginning to appear like they’re telling only bad things about him..and I think it’s really unfair..

I value my friends a lot..especially those I have an extraordinary friendship with..I know that I shouldn’t always be dependent on them when making decisions but as much as possible I want them to be part of the new happiness I found..I just want the blessing of my very good friends..

*sigh*…I think I need my iced chocolate drink now..I pray that this won’t come to the point where I have to choose my friends over my love life..or vice versa..

6 comments:

[vayie] said...

Didn't you consider the idea that your friends might've developed a "special feeling" for you already?

stacie twirL said...

no, i don't think so, ate vayie..they treat me as a lil sister and i don't think they'll ever look at me "that way"..

we just have an extraordinary friendship..like a brother-sister relationship..=)

[vayie] said...

There you go again. I sometimes think you just to ashamed to assume. =) Don't be so dense. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

You are coming to the point that you are gaining love but losing friends.

You need to weigh which one is more important to you and focus on it. Anyways, friends should always understand your feelings and be part of the happiness you are now seeking to have. True friends will always be there for you in good and bad times.

*janne* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*janne* said...

maybe they're just looking out for you pero they have to understand that in order for you to learn, you need to experience things... if maging kayo and he turns up to be the guy they were telling you about then too bad, pero what if he's not?! what if he has good intentions? take into consideration what your friends are telling you pero don't let them live your life for you...and tama si ate vayie, it's possible that they've developed a "special feeling" for you and they're just jealous but too scared to admit it... not because you've already developed that brother-sister bond it doesn't mean there's no chance for it to take a different route... remember your kuya's sa office?! hehe ;p