Wednesday, September 19, 2007

done with the test

hi everyone!

hehehe..it's been a while I haven't posted anything..I've been a bit pre-occupied about friendship and lovelife issues..hehehehe..

good news! Mackie and I had a heart to heart talk about my lovelife..well, you know what I'm talking about..just read my Dear Friends post..

I'm actually touched at the thought that he initiated the talk..we had no communication after the last phone call we had, wherein we talked about my relationship with Terrenz, which resulted to a mild "tampuhan"..as you know, Mackie's really not in favor of Terrenz..

after two weeks, he asked how I'm doing..I was glad that he was talking to me again, but I decided not to bug him about his consideration about my decision regarding Terrenz..he seemed to be in good mood and I don't want to spoil it..

but then he asked:

"any progress about the two of you?"

I was surprised. I never thought he'd ask..given the way he expressed total disapproval of the relationship, I would've expected him to talk about something else..anything except that..

"you may not like what you hear..i don't want to spoil your mood.." I said.

he replied, "who told you I don't want to hear anything about it? and what made you think it's gonna spoil my evening? You haven't even said a thing and you're already assuming.."

"are you sure it's okay?", I asked.

"come on..no matter how much we try to avoid not to talk about it, there will still come a time wherein we'll talk about it..go on, tell me..no moods will change.." , he said..

"promise we'll still be bestfriends no matter what you hear? that you'll never cast me away, disown me, hate me, forget me, leave me?"

"looks like a pledge for presidency..yeah, I won't.."

"bestfriends for all eternity?"

"yeah, friends..whatever.."

"BESTFRIENDS, mac, you have to promise..", I insisted..

"ok, ok, bestfriends for ever..now tell me about you and Terrenz.."

a minute of dead air..I was hesitant and I'm scared of violent reactions..but, I have to tell him..

"we're on..he's my boyfriend now.."

"happy?", he asked

"not until you tell me it's ok with you..", I answered.

"you're so silly..remember what I told you before?"

"..that you'll always be there to support me, no matter what..?"

"exactly..that's happening..I'm happy for whatever, whoever, makes you happy..the case with Terrenz, ok, I may have reacted differently when the issue first came up, but hey, it's ok with me..I respect your decision but just don't force me to like him..however, I'll still be here for you.."

"thanks, mac"..

I was relieved..it's really good that we finally got through another test of friendship..I was so scared that I might make a wrong decision but hey, risks are not always that bad and with my case, taking risks doesn't always end up badly..when challenges arise, it's not always wise to just stay on your comfort zone..you have to face it and try to figure a way out..it may take some time, but then again, patience is a virtue..

I would like to give credit to Terrenz who also played a big part for the resolution of this problem.. he was the one who told me to just give Mackie some time..he assured me Mackie won't let me down just like that..after all, they're buddies and they know each other somehow..they may not still be in good terms now but they'll eventually sort things out between themselves, he said..one of these days..

I know this is not the happy ever after of this chapter..it's just started..however, I'm not that scared anymore.. =)

No comments: